Thread: Virus Warning
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 10:30 PM
CopsodyX

I'm glad to hear that you're moving away from MS. I think that MS has alienated so many people so fast that there's no way to recover. But we'll see.

OS X has tons of native software available now, mostly in Carbon, but lots in Cocoa. It's stable, not because of what you said, but because it's based upon true Mach UNIX. Nothing can touch your hardware. I've been using my PowerBook G4 with Mac OS X since March 25, 2001, and I've never had a crash/kernel panic, and have only rebooted for updates. Never a security hole, except in the Mac OS X native versions of MICROSOFT IE and Office.

I routinely run lots of small apps and utilities, Adobe graphics packages, Apple FCP and DVD Studio, MS Office, OmniWeb, Flash, GC, Virtual PC (Run WinXP on your Mac, w/o threat of viruses and crashes), and tons more. Never a crash.

Now, i'm not saying that people should leave their PCs in the dust -- no need to give up your hardware...just put Linux on it! Linux is brilliant, and Mac OS X is VERY Linux-like, right down to it's UNIX based open sourced core.

Anyway, as you can see, i'm just very anti-MS, and hope everyone creates a bonfire with their MS products and gets a Mac or Linux box.