Thread: Virus Warning
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX
You really need a Mac OS X machine. There is simply no excuse for having to format a drive every two weeks just to make it work efficiently. My god, first Microsoft takes your money, then they take your time. Bastards. I HATE MS.
It's true that OS X is more stable than any MS OS out there. As for reinstalling XP every other week, that all depends on the software that is installed and if they are designed for XP or not.

The main reason that OS X is stable is that there is very little native software for the OS and non-native software runs in the OS 9 classic mode which will not touch/harm OS X.

I use XP on my computers and usually leave them running for weeks at a time without rebooting.

The only thing that keeps me using Windows as opposed to Linux or any other OS is the fact that I rely on software (non-MS) designed only for Windows. Eventually I will make the switch (when I believe that MS knows too much about myself and my computer and that's too close already).