View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
Only 6 hours?? That's my complaint...sorry, but I have to say it. Having it in Lafayette really excludes a lot of people who are major members of the group. It excludes us because we can't take vacation from one week to the next. Which means that we can leave at mid-afternoon Friday and kill ourselves to get there before everything's over on Saturday. I have to still voice my opinion that it needs to be more centralized. Especially if you're trying to get the whole contingent and not just one geographical area represented. Remember, only 3 people (2 cars) from CO at the 10th... and I think the only one who came from farther west was Earl and that was because he flew out to drive a car back (his 1st! ).
I understand what Michelle is saying, as I've been at the same job for 12 years, and still only get 5 vacation days a year....which I never get to use consecutively...so 2 days off from work is about the best I can swing, so a 4 day weekend is the best I can do
If the meet is more than about 10 hours from me I just won’t be able to go.

As for more centralized…that’s fine with me, but if you want a big turnout, the biggest population of SVX’s seem to be in the north east…so going too far west will really cut into the turnout.

I’m not trying to argue it either way, just stating some points as I see them.

No matter where it is, it is going to be inconvenient to someone.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"