View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 08:49 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
I agree, but we need a place to hang out, and that needs to be arranged. (Or at least researched.)
Those who are driving any distance need a place to stay -- if we all want to stay at the same place (and get a better rate), that needs to be arranged.
It's wonderful that some of us are willing to drive for 6 hours and sleep in our cars just to see other SVX owners, but unless there are some solid plans, it will not be much of a gathering, I'm afraid. And hanging out in a parking lot gets old pretty quick. That's ok for a mini-meet, but not an Anniversary Meet.
Only 6 hours?? That's my complaint...sorry, but I have to say it. Having it in Lafayette really excludes a lot of people who are major members of the group. It excludes us because we can't take vacation from one week to the next. Which means that we can leave at mid-afternoon Friday and kill ourselves to get there before everything's over on Saturday. I have to still voice my opinion that it needs to be more centralized. Especially if you're trying to get the whole contingent and not just one geographical area represented. Remember, only 3 people (2 cars) from CO at the 10th... and I think the only one who came from farther west was Earl and that was because he flew out to drive a car back (his 1st! ).

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*