View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 03:14 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
You guys just expect to much from a meet...
I'm happy to just have some other SVX owners to hang out with for a few days, and bench race some.....I don't need no fancy dinners, nor any "Awards", just hanging out with like minded enthusist...

I think no one want to head it up, due to so many expectations of what they'd have to do...

I say, pick out a motel, and set up a cookout for the Sat. night dinner...hambergers and hot dogs, and chips....and I'm happy..

Just my thoughts...
I agree, but we need a place to hang out, and that needs to be arranged. (Or at least researched.)
Those who are driving any distance need a place to stay -- if we all want to stay at the same place (and get a better rate), that needs to be arranged.
It's wonderful that some of us are willing to drive for 6 hours and sleep in our cars just to see other SVX owners, but unless there are some solid plans, it will not be much of a gathering, I'm afraid. And hanging out in a parking lot gets old pretty quick. That's ok for a mini-meet, but not an Anniversary Meet.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint