Thread: Snow fun...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 12:47 AM
SVX Appeal

I also highly recommend it. Last time I tried that, I got away with it for several hours until an officer finally showed up and asked me to find another playground. So far, I haven't found any place quite as nice.

I also highly recommend putting in a 4WD switch. (A switch that basically just disconnects the wire which controls solenoid C.) The difference this makes is amazing. My driveway is a sheet of wet and smooth ice right now. With the AWD functioning normally, the transfer clutch makes a fair bit of noise as it tries to get the car moving. With the switch put to use (manual 4WD) the car moves much more readily, with no extra noise from the driveline, and if I romp on it, the rear end will come out nicely. Also, with generous application of the parking brake, this effectively disables the antilock brakes, which frankly, suck.

As I was driving home the other day, during an accent up a steep hill the car was losing speed and slowly drifting sideways off the road. By engaging the switch, it walked right up unless I let my foot rest too heavily on the throttle. (Four-wheel burnouts at 60 just aren't the same on ice as they are on asphalt.)