View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 11:30 PM

Modified Shft Kit

This past week I received my "Shfit Kit" from Small Car Performance. Nice idea, but I thought I could make it a little better. One of my main concerns was that the electronics was exposed to the elements of the engine compartment, I.E. condensation, moisture, or just getting exposed to water. Took a little experimenting, and I had to go to my local Radio Shack & Hobby Store to get everything you see here. As you can see my "Black Box" protects the electronics of the Shift Kit. I also re-directed the vaccum hose so that it points directly from front to rear. Instead of the hose having to try to come around in a bend. The pictures you see here ( More pictures in my locker) represents a " Trial Run" I do not want to install it just yet, due to my transmission is still under warrenty from Subaru, I have a couple of more months to go till it expires. But as you can see it fits in the engine compartment of the SVX with no problems. I drilled all the holes where the orginal "L" bracket is attached to. The wires are only for representation purposes to show you how I would route the wires. The wireing directions is the same as described by Small Car Performance web site. I just made my own plastic housing so I can protect the Shift Kit from the elements and at the same time make it look like Subaru factory OEM part. When I get time, I will provide instructions on how to make your own with part numbers from Radio Shack and the right size screws, washers, locking nuts you will need from your local Hobby Store. Well hope all you SVX owners like my idea.

Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00416.jpg (436.0 KB, 391 views)

Last edited by awdsvx; 08-09-2004 at 06:45 AM.