View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: "old" newbie here

Well I got some work done today!

Dome light... broken again! LOL Guess I am going to have to replace the bulb.

CV axle replaced. Simple and easy! BTW if any parts store tells you they dont have one for your AWD SVX, tell them they are exactly the same as the FWD ones. This was confirmed by using the book. The parts guy seemed very annoyed when I asked to see his FENCO & GSP book. Then I confirmed fitment (same as the late 90's 2.5rs) and was on my way. Only cost $69 for a brand new one. I was just going to replace the boot but for that price, new it is. I did pick up a spare boot though just in case.

Slapped on a new rear wiper blade.

Performed the T/B by pass mod as I do on every car I own.

De-greased the engine bay and underneath the car. God I love having a steam pressure washer!

Found that the Y pipe is some hacked together muffler shop job. That will not do so I am going to order a bunch of mandrel bends a high flow cat and possibly a new muffler and build a new exhaust. Removing the pre-cats and resonator should make that boxer rumble come through a bit more.

Tomorrow I am going to NAPA and pick up 2 of their hood struts from the how-to article.

Then as soon as I get a reply from the many PM's sent on NASIOC I hope to add a late model HU and source the wiring kit from our supplier here.

Heck I even managed to clean my nasty garage floor!