View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 PM

Registered SVX
Best way to mount pedals

I've been messing with these sti or wrx pedals, can't remember which now (I think they are all the same) off and on for a while. I have read a few other posts and how-to docs, and It seems like everybody is welding plates to use the top holes, or not using them at all, and having the upper nuts on the brake booster not tighten all the way. I would like to know if anybody has tried it the way I am attempting to.

Long story short, after making various templates out of cardboard and such, I have cut a piece off the new pedal box (up to where the top two bolts go) that interferes with the hump where the original pedals bolted to. (I hope this picture works, because I can hardly understand what I'm saying)

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/ac...42/cut1th7.jpg

Then I made a metal plate with 2 long studs welded to it. This plate will sit on top of the pedal box, the studs protruding through the 2 top holes. Spacers will be cut to the correct length, then 2 more metal plates, drilled with two holes each, will be used to secure the whole assembly to the original bolt holes.

It's really a lot easier than I think I made it sound. More pics to come, probably Sunday, as I am about 30 mi. away from my car and only get to see her about one day every weekend.

I am wondering if anyone has went this route yet. I have not seen it posted yet, but maybe someone has tried it. If so please let me know if it will/won't work, raises pedals too high, etc., etc.

Last edited by RoughSilver92; 01-29-2009 at 11:06 PM.