Thread: gasoline
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
The cars run fine on regular. As indicated by some that really know--you won't notice ANY difference in performance with regular.
Says you. I was forced to visit NJ in my SVX, and ran low on gas while I was there, so I stopped for a fill. I hate not being able to pump my own gas, but I dealt with it. I was pretty low as well. After I left, on the way home, I noticed a noticeably rougher ride from the engine, what sounded like a valve tap, and not the responsiveness that I'm used to. I looked at the receipt, and sure enough, 87, even though I specifically said 92.

Under normal driving conditions, I put in 94 exclusively at the shell on my way to work.

Think about it this way: Cost difference between 87 and 92 is roughly 20 cents. On average, I put 12 gallons of gas in my car. That's $2.40 more per fill up, every 8-10 days.

If your gonna own an SVX, you can't be cheap, because premium fuel is about the least expensive maintenance item. If you want your car to last, and treat you well, I recommend sticking with the manufacturer recommendations, they're not there for show, they're there to prolong the life of your car, and enhance your driving experience.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!