View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Well, you know I am a committed fan of the car Trevor, so I don't lightly pick holes in its armour.

The steering is too slow and does not communicate, I would agree that. My main wish list would be for more torque, more power.

One the one end of the driving machine scale are the Lotus Elise type and the Caterham 7s. These are built so light and designed for racing, their power to weight and handling are in front of everything else.

At a severe cost. They have little or no creature comforts, nice for a Sunday drive like a motorbike, noisy and a pain in the t!t for everyday use.

On the other end of the driving machine scale are the likes of the Monaro VXR, which overcome their necessary bulk by having huge power and big brakes. This has drawbacks, because weight x speed = inertia, and this has to be handled to make them corner and stop.

I know which end of this spectrum the SVX is closest to. And I know which end of the spectrum I would prefer to be driving, unless I'm doing a hillclimb or something, which is a hobby, not an everyday lifestyle.

So for me the injection the SVX needs most is power. I would dread to think what figure the SVX would post in the 0-100-0 dash, which for me defines what all cars need, power with control. I'll bet most small turbodiesels these days would hammer it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl