View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:33 AM

Registered SVX
Re: JDM AWD set-up and 4WS

Quote:
Originally Posted by My First Subby View Post
Has anyone here, or does anyone know someone who has set-up their SVX to a more JDM set-up?...That is, the 36/64 power split and 4-wheel-steering. I definately prefer the Japanese permanent rear biased split over the North American front biased split. And I love the idea of 4WS, not just for its road-faring benefits, but also just the uniqueness of it. Only a select few cars has 4WS as an option, and to have 4WS on a USDM SVX would be even more unique.

Would I be okay just getting the parts and bolting it up and whatnot, or (at least for the 4WS) would I need to pretty much swap out the whole rear end for a JDM rear? To do both of these conversions, would I be okay with my engine and ECU, or would it be much simpler just to swap a whole JDM powertrain and ECU in?
I dont know how much work be involved? I had a 4WS Svx. the whole rear subframe is diffent.. but should bolt in easy enought.. would need the cpu for it... also the 4ws has a higher geared rack..

It be easyer to import a whole 4ws SVX from Japan
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration