Thread: Lime Rock
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Answers to questions:

This was a relatively light day. I only got about 60 minutes of seat time. Supposed to be three 20 minute practice sessions and a four lap session with two timed laps in the middle, but one of my sessions was cut short because of coolant on the track.

Just a litle bit of overheating on the second session. Otherwise no.

Lights are taped because CART requires some tape even if the lenses are plastic. Other groups require only glass lenses be taped.

Brakes held up very well. Didn't use them as hard as I could have, since I was feeling my way on the track, without instructor input, and with a big challenge to my confidence. Was more worried about tire grip. I lost it on one of only two places where you can loose it and come out whole.

Don't know what I'm going to do about tires for next season. I think these KDW2's might have 1 or 2 track days left. Would like to have a lot more grip, however, don't want to have to have to own three sets of wheels: dry track, wet track and all weather. Having said that, my goal is to be a better driver. Learning to deal with the grip I have is actually more important than having the most grip I can get. There is so much more lap time reduction I can get by being a better driver than by maximizing my tires. I have to think about this one for a while. Thanks, all for the good advice.

ChiketD:

Congratulations on your AutoX success. you ought to post some pics.

Tom:

Looking forward to doing a track day with you next season. Heard a rumor that the Englishtown road course is finally going to open. But, heard that rumor before.

One final comment. I loved the Esses. Felt like that is the portion of the track I did best. Powering around the corner in a drift. Controlling my slide out with the accelerator. Tires absolutely screaming. Love that feeling

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold