View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 04:11 PM
svxstl

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
Alignment - maybe try another place for a free or cheap check and see what they find. I think it disturbing that you still have pulling issues.

For wheel balancing issues you might try this site to find the best balancer in the US (Hunter 9700) - puts road pressure on the tread as it spins, so out of round, etc is disclosed.

http://128.242.141.111/pub/search/FindGSP9700.cfm

finally, are you confident that the struts, ball joints, tie rods, etc are OK and the work was done properly? Might check the steering rack to make sure it isn't coming loose.

That's about all I can think of.....

Thanks, lee. I'm not really confident the work was done properly or that the other suspension parts were checked fully when doing an alignment. The struts were installed very inexpensively and apparently quickly--the guy didn't pop back in any trim pieces well. He had also left several tools in the car. But, these problems were happening before I had any of this work done. The work fixed several other handling problems but only made these problems slightly less bad. I also just noticed some curb rash, not from me, on one rim--so maybe a rim is out of round?

Anyone else have similar problems?

dan