View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:35 PM

Re: how does the ecu determine the load on the engine?

my goal, as always, is try to understand the control a little more. Our SVX have only a MAF, not a MAP.
The ignition timing on the original ECU fails in properlly advance the ignition, so we can feel the advance increase as we rise the RPM's in a 0 to 100 aceleration. It is too delayed. New softwares have inproved the preformance by advancing the ignition map, but what are the signal it takes and what is the weight of each of those to change the ignition map. I've read that the new 1av1 does not need to learn (the ignition timing advance) because it change the map everytime you drive the car but again, what factors makes the map be changed and in what proportion?
I'm planning to build my own HHO generator and install it on my SVX using GLP injectors @ 8-15psi. I'm working on the desing of all the components and in the software I'll use on the new micro PLC. This is going to be a seccondary ECU to control the HHO system. I'm willing to include a load injection increase feature (like the gasoline jet on the carburators). If I succes, I'll share this on this net.