View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 10:14 PM

Re: almost sold my car

We've seen a Claret/Bordeaux car that was in great shape, wadded into a Dodge Durango, and now possibly headed for the salvage yard, due to the cost of refurbishment.

That is very sad, and I hope that car somehow gets a new lease on life...

I am glad that you didn't send your car to a similar fate. I wish my car were in the sort of condition that your car is in...

My car has been through a bit of a rough life. it isn't quite straight, and probably isn't going to be, but it drives fine.

Eventually, I would like to get a very nice car, as you describe yours to be, one worth restoring, modding, upgrading (6MT swap...) and having as a very nice car.

Keep some of them nice... and don't sell them to inexperienced drivers, for them to wad up, just because the price might seem like an appropriate range.

Otherwise, sell yours to me, and I'll sell mine to a teenager, and still hope they won't wad it up, more than it already has been marginally repaired from.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.