View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:18 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
of course i know what a blown fuse looks like, and as i said they looked perfect...

ive heard sometimes fuses can be "blown" without breaking the bridge, so short of taking a tester to each individual one... the fuses are not a problem.

the car operates like new, i simply want to know how to stop the blinking light (short of removing the bulb that causes the light or covering it with a piece of tape)

a full on "reset" would be great but ive already taken the battery out for 24 hours, and had the codes cleared even though i was not pulling any codes.

and i would think that if there was something ANYTHING unexplained about the car, people on this site would like to know what it is...

dont treat me like an idiot, i got the car a month ago (ive had 2 svx's before this one) and in "untangling the mess" of loose wires left from the autostarter that is in it, i came across a harness that looked liek it should have been connected. once connected the light started blinking.

the autostarter looks liek it was installed in someones girage and is missing the little harness that connects to the door locks....

i was looking into cleaning up in there and possibly jsut removing the autostarter

i am not a master mechanic like some of you, and i am also not a complete idiot... dont assume i am either.

i simply have a blinking light, and a harness that im not sure belongs connected.

i only want to know how to get that light to stop blinking, and to know if that harness needs to be in the car.

(everything has been cleaned up with the autostarter... i have installed them before)

i know there are some "subaru technicians" on this site and people that have taken these things apart and putthem back together from the ground up. i just want some information... not to be berrated because i made a mistake thinking the previous owners had unplugged something that should have been in.
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)