View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
LOL... yes, Larry... how could I forget?

svxistentialist: Yeah, I remember you in the Yahoo days as well. I was truly tempted to keep the SVX and buy another as parts to keep mine running... it seems to be the way of things around here. However, I just didn't have room in my life for another car (we already had three with two drivers in the house!) and unfortunately the one week that two of the three cars were down for maintenance happened to be the same week we REALLY needed to cart the kids around a lot. Not much fun with a 7 and 9 year old getting them in and out of the back of the SVX.

And yeah, I miss my SVX every day. I miss all three of them for different reasons, even the 94 that was sort of already falling apart by the time I bought it. None of them were ever perfect daily cars; they all needed serious care and feeding, but they were good cars all around. I just needed more practical transportation at the moment and don't regret the decision... doesn't stop me missing them, though

And subi-crosser... no, probably no chance of saving it. Perlm30 has done his damndest to fix the tranny on the car but to no avail. It was a badly rebuilt tranny that went out again. The car itself... more valuable to him as parts for his other SVXi than fixing it up. The body and the interior both need more work than the entire car's really worth.

Glad all of you enjoyed the story.

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.