View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 PM

That's great! I have a very similar story...

About 8 years ago, I was a junior in high school, looking for my first car. I had driven a black '95 SVX and man was it SWEEEET!! I freakin' loved it, and told my dad that I wanted to buy it. Unfortunately, we hadn't brought money for a deposit, and then next day when I came back to see it again... it had been sold! Saddened, but still happy to find whatever else came along, I ended up buy the other option... A '94 Ford Probe. (which I still have) I wasn't unhappy with the probe at all, don't get me wrong, it was a GREAT fist car. I learned a TON of stuff about cars from just tinkering and reading about it. Ever since I'd driven that beast of an SVX, I just always had them in the back of my mind though.

Honest to goodness, a couple times a year I'd get on autotrader just to see what they were going for.

So, let's fastforward to the summer of '07. I and a friend are in town one night and we drive by a random used car lot at 11pm. I spot a black SVX, and inform him that we must IMMEDIATELY turn around. I go over every inch of the car to see as much of it as I can, and took a few pictures with my cell phone too. As we left the lot I told him, "I'm going to come and buy this car tomorrow." You know what? I did!

So anyway, after having a board member run a carfax on it, and after talking with the dealer about where he got it from, etc... I come to find out that it is the SAME car that I drove when I was back in high school! The best part was that in 7 years, they had only put on 25k miles, and it was in EXCELLENT shape. So, I was very happy, of course. Very weird, but very true though.

These cars are extremely rare around here though, so i wasn't "surprised" but it was still quite the news. In my entire life I think I've seen 4 other SVXii within a 50 mile radius of my home, so of course this was the one for me!

That's my weird story about my SVX.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!