View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:37 PM

Registered SVX
It mounted under the chassis rail that the rear bumper crash support thing goes through. If you pull yoru rear bumper off, and see the two holes that the support bolts through, you'll know what I mean. It also had two bolts through the spare wheel well floor.

As to the brakes, my problem is rally tyres are only available in 15", therefore, I am running 15" wheels, and whilst the wheels fit fine over the rear brakes, the 301mm front discs are a whisker too large. So hence, I'm machining them down to WRX (294mm I think) and then whacking on the 4 spot calipers.

Only got a few more coats of paint to the cage, then I can start putting things back in...yay!!

As to the engine, we were originally going to go all out, but the costs to do so, on an essentially untested rally package, were a concern. So instead, we'll probably go for compression and ECU in the first pass (using LAN's big injectors) and see what we can see. My point of reference has always been that WRX with the stock EG33 using only an Autronic, and essentially standard elsewhere...didn't he get a good improvement? And we know that the AFM and injectors are close to maxed out anyways (but lets not start that discussion again here...there's plenty of threads for that elsewhere).

Cheers,
Matt