View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 02:11 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Question planetary gear

thanks for your input...to answer some questions..we'll never know what caused it to go..he said it was broken in half..i'll certainly get pics of it if I can..but this breaking has caused gears to loose teeth..I'm not sure which would have been first to go though..and yes believe it or not the car was driveable..going from Reverse to D there was major thump/lerch ..in reverse on a turn eg in and out of the driveway the car would brake by itself, all forward gears worked fine..but there was a werring sound when you backed off which seemed less when the brakes were applied just lightly brakes off werring again..anyway noises and driving issues are now identified, the cars is in bits in the local Subaru workshop, the guy is a master tech and only one of 2 in our State, and the owner of the dealership still has his own tritone silver 93 model SVX..SVX 01 plates that the dealer still drives from time to time, his std rims he had chromed himself and he replaced the interior wood trim because it didn't look high quality enough..the master tech services his car as well so hopefully I'll be in reasonably good hands..we'll see I'll keep thread updated ..as from what I can understad the Oz SVX has the VTD transmission for AWD which is different to the US unit..

David