View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Ren-Ma Osu

SOA called me yesterday, and they agree with my outlook on all this, but they can't do anything. They called another local dealer and asked if they had anyone familiar with the SVX and were told no. I also discussed the fact that the Subaru dealers I've gone to told me they don't bleed the brakes when they replace brake fluid, and that brake fluid replacement is limited to removing some fluid from the resevoir and adding some new fluid. Even SOA agreed this will not put new fluid in the lines. The dealers charge a lot of money for periodic maintenance like this, but it's a joke. Same thing for tranny fluid -- they don't remove the pan or replace the filter or wipe off the shavings on the magnet. Oh well.

I'm going to ask my local mechanic to check the injectors and a few of the other items mentioned by others.
Used to have: 1994 Pearlie, 40,945 miles, PWR Radiator, Motorsports Aluminum Crank Pulley, Raceconcepts Stainless Brake Lines, Axxis Ceramic Brake Pads, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, BBS STi 17 Silver Wheels, Toyo Proxe4 225/45/17 tires, New Dekka Battery, Unauthordox Racing Oil Cap -- adds 3.14 hp, OEM Coin Holder FFTDS aka Force Field Theft Deterent System. Magnetic oil drain plug, Purolator larger oil filter. Now she's in good caring hands at Earls place.