Thread: Ls7 Svx?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 AM

Re: Ls7 Svx?

True. However I dont know anybody with a spare late model corvette sitting around that they would be willing to sell me for next to nothing
I agree that slipping the top of a svx over a new chassis would be the way to go. But where is the fun in that? Its no longer a subaru! I might as well leave it a boring crovette and be done with it. I have to agree with Tim, that this car with a healthy v8 will do wonders. The suspension will be fine in an of itself. Ive already installed sti tarmac rally coil overs, and have a sti knuckle conversion. Ive renforced the strut towers with rally in mind. With my knuckle conversion comes bigger brake options. The only thing I have to play with is the front camber. As I will no longer have power going to the front, the tires wont center as well. No biggie on that end. Ill build some adjustment into the front control arms.

Im really liking the idea. This would kick my completion date to late next year though. If I can talk him into getting me a transmission, then I think ill go for it. Otherwise, thats a $6,000 + expense that I just dont have the funding for right now.
*squee!* Ill start scratching up a sponsorship proposal and contract today.
Man.. I really hope Tim was serious about this offer. Ill find out on monday.