Thread: Ls7 Svx?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 PM

Ls7 Svx?

An interesting development today. I was given a lead by my boss about a good friend of his who has taken a shine to my svx project. There was talk about the car, myself and what I had planned on doing with the svx. He said that he might be interested in sponsoring my car, provided that Id be willing to stuff the 630 hp LS7 crate motor that he makes under the hood..

Now mind you, this was just chatter between two friends. But its something I plan on following up on, rather soon. Ill have my boss check up to see just how serious his buddy was.

As it sits, the svx is currently in a bunch of pieces as im smack in the middle of the build. I have the engine and 5-mt in, however its really the perfect time to take her in a completely different direction. I just had never in my wildest dreams... (okay perhaps my wildest dreams) thought about taking her in this direction. Id need to find a good 6 speed that can take the abuse. A entirely new rear end for that sort of power. Chassis reinforcements, new mounts, new firewall.. new ecu and wiring. Bloody hell. What am I getting into here!?!

Im wondering if its worth it? Ill loose awd. Which I have been trying to keep. But I can relocate the drivetrain back quite a bit back into the chassis. Thus loosing the nose heavy aspect of the car. That engine. Good gawds.. Even in naturally aspirated form, it more power than I ever dreamed of getting from the eg33.

Gods, the thick, primal roar of a v8 from an SVX... My heads swimming right now.
What do you all think? Should I go for it?

Last edited by smc; 11-24-2012 at 12:00 AM.