View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:35 AM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Rear Strut - Dated 9/12/08 - 2008 looks like an SVX Part Stock-Up Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
It's only a dim, negative view if you're taking this personally.

What's your impression? That I want this to be untrue? That I'm trying to get you agitated? That I find this impossible? That's a little short of reality.

Do realize that you are saying that "[These parts] were made in 2008" as fact and throwing in admissions of speculation to tread water?

I sure wouldn't take that wager, and I'd sure hate to see false information spread. Shipping and warehousing from Japanese warehouses, stateside warehouses, dealerships and jobbers are guaranteed - production is not.

Believe and speculate as you will, but don't state a belief or speculation as a fact.
I'm not taking it personally. The OP posted a strut with a date on it. And everyone started going down the road that "it can't be!" "Impossible!" Just kind negative and a little weird. All I'm saying is that there is a date on a sealed part from Subaru, period. I would think that it is a date of production, or a date that Subaru in Japan received these parts from their suppliers. In which case the part was made "around" that time.

Now, I started to look for this 10 year rule for parts supply and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've only heard of this "law." I never bothered to try to track in down and for the life of me I can't find it. DOT, Fed. Reg. Code, Etc. can't find anything. Any help here is welcomed... maybe it is a myth.

Without taking into consideration this 10 year rule... what's to stop or even require Subaru to supply parts to their obsolete vehicles? They do it for whatever reason they do it. They do it for profit and customer service. We have NO idea what the repair market is for these cars in the US outside of our little forum and no idea even what the market is in Japan, and we have no idea what the internal decisions regarding customer service are. Subaru will do what it will do, and we can only guess.

All I can say is that I have a pile of sealed parts for my SVX and my STi with labels showing 2005 - 2008 dates... one again I would *think* that the parts were made around then... without going too much out on a limb!