View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
[sigh] Sold my bike...

To anyone who has ridden with me (there's one or two around here), I sold my motorbike this week. She was a 1991 Honda Nighthawk 750; a great "do everything" standard bike that I loved riding and loved owning. She was fun, and I made a whole lot of new friends who also happened to appreciate my SVX once I got her back on the road again.

As an aside, Craigslist is phenomenal! I posted my bike on Wednesday night for what I considered a fair price. I got five emails the first night, the first one within 45 minutes of posting the bike for sale. Actually, that first guy who emailed me ended up being the guy who bought the bike... we spoke on the phone Thursday morning and I had cash in hand shortly after I got home on Thursday night. Talk about a quick turnaround!!

Yeah, there are scams out there, too. I tried to sell a laptop on there a few weeks ago and got nailed by a scammer. Thankfully I was able to get my property back (if the buyer pays by Paypal, never ship to anything other than the confirmed address, folks!) and I'm reselling the laptop again... but my experience with the bike has been great! I've also bought a new digicam and an iPod through CL in the last month.

So in my sig, my bike will now go away. Sad, but true... but now I have some money to put into my SVX

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.