View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 07:50 PM

Re: Possible all Aluminum Radiator group buy

Got my AMR with fans and shroud the other day, took two hours to install it, including adding coolant. That took some time, I poured it in slowly, trying not get any air pockets. Once it was up to the neck, I squeezed the lower hose to burp any air up to the top, then topped it off and the reservoir tank.

The a uality is top notch, fit perfectly. The back of the fans are close to a pulley on the passenger side, and some kind of bracket on the driver side, but hey, if it clears by a mm, it clears by a mile!

The only real issue I had was with the wiring of the new fans. The stock fans have four wires, and on my fans, they were black - yellow - blue - green.

The new slim fans only have only two wires, black and blue. I found out that two of the stock wires were negative, and two were positive, and they need to be spliced together then connected to the corresponding wires on the new fans.

I used a multimeter to figure out which of the four SVX wires were negative, and they were the black and yellow wires.

So the black and yellow (-) wires are spliced to the black wire (-) on the new fans, and the blue and green wires (+) are spliced to the blue wire (+) on the new fans.

Road tested it today, got it good and hot, and the temp gauge never went above the half-oway mark. Checked for leaks on the core, and the radiator necks and trans cooler fittings, good and dry. I figure with the increased radiator capacity (1.5" core versus 1" stock), and the higher CFM dual fans, this thing should run cool even in a Texas summer!

With how easy it was to install this quality all-aluminum radiator, I think it was definitely worth the money.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1997 Subaru SVX_20170309f.jpg (141.2 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg 1997 Subaru SVX_20170308b.jpg (95.3 KB, 554 views)
File Type: jpg 1997 Subaru SVX_20170308a.jpg (86.6 KB, 591 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 06-09-2019 at 04:45 PM.