View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Memory dump of ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Hi Trev. I am not sure exactly what you're asking.
Thanks Phil,

You have specifically provided the specific answer I required. i.e. advise which sensors provide the signals which are computed, in order to arrive at the figure covering engine load? ---

M = Mass Airflow is measured in grams of air per second.
R = Engine Speed is measures in Revolutions per minute.

Engine Load is (M * 60) / R = grams of air ingested per revolution of the engine.

The line pressure is not decided by the engine load. But the engine load and the transmission line pressure are both ultimately dictated by the throttle. Correlation, not Causation. But it certainly makes sense that the TCU would be designed to increase line pressure in line with the torque produced by the engine.

I agree, the engine load is in no way dictated, which partly the reason for my enquiry. The actual engine load directly involves the selected gear ratio and the load imposed on the vehicle, regardless of throttle position.

You have confirmed that engine load as a factor in setting line pressure, is confined to measurement derived from mass airflow and engine speed sensors.

Special thanks, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!