View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Alright ! Spark Plugs changed, took me 2 1/2 hours but I feel better I'll post a picture of the Autolite that were in there . NGK Iridiums are in and I can say I don't feel hesitation like I did before.
??

2 1/2 hours??

I replaced mine this week. I used the standard recommended Platinum NGKs. It took me an hour though, but it was bloody difficult. Two and a half hours seems a long time, but I suppose it could take that long if you don't have the right tools.

The plug sockets I use make the job very easy. I use two plug sockets plus extensions bought in Halfords. The reason for using two is the rubber insert. You need the rubber insert in place to extract the plug from the head. When replacing the new plug, you need the same size socket but no rubber insert, because when the new plug is tightened into place, you need the socket to retract when pulled. If the rubber gripper is in place it grips the plug tightly and you will just pull out the extension bar, which leaves you with the socket still on the plug deep in the head and a bit of a problem.

With the correct equipment it takes an hour. If it is of interest I will take photos of the equipment and post it up.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl