View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to pipedream
I wish you could take a look too. It's lonely out here in portland, not much SVX community- just me and BigBlue it seems like heh.

What you describe sounds very plausible though. These people that worked on my car (found then over craigslist, BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART) told me they understood what they were doing (and were giving me very cheap prices... but now i see why) but i think clearly, they bit off more then they could chew when trying to fix my car's stereo system back up. It seemed like they indeed ****ed up my car even more.

When the Spot/Room buttons are turned on- NOTHING WORKS in the car. All lighting *inside* the car is instantly killed by pushing the Spot/Room buttons. That means my dash (speedometer/tachometer/EVERYTHING) lights go completely out. The Spot/Room lights still don't come on when the buttons are pushed, and none of the interior lights come on (not even the floor lighting) at all. Once all the lighting in the car is killed, if i turn the Spot/Room buttons back OFF, then in about half a second, my dash and lighting on the shifter area activates back on.

The security system also seems to be tied in with this issue as well, because it has competely gone haywire, and my clicker will not even work anymore to llock/unlock the car when SECURITY is activated. When it is deactivated, the car will lock itself (making three fast chirps i think)

I'm taking my car into Car Toys this coming weekend, and I'm hoping that they can handle the wiring issues....? Ugh. THis whole thing is really turning into a nightmare though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
maybe when the deck was stolen some wires were stretched out and the rubber has opened out some holes for the copper wires to ground.....and/or by chance the peoples that supposedly knew nothing f cked the car even more......

sounds like a short.....well...more like wires touching....
does anything work at all when the buttons are turned on? (spot/room)

........i wish i could take a look for you