View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
I think you're post about brakes is a little uhh... wrong. Putting larger brakes on the front will 99 out of 100 times make the car stop quicker. now, the better your suspension is, the more the rear brakes do (but the variance between work done by the rear brakes with a tight suspension vs a stock suspension is small) upgrading the front brakes with larger rotors, new calipers, better pads etc, while keeping the rears the same size with better pads would be a very good combination. however, depending on the calipers, you may or may not need a proportioning valve, but most likely not.

Almost never would putting better brakes on the front decrease stopping ability.

I'll have to find the tech article I read again. They did eather an EVO or WRX. I dont remember which, but it accually caused a couple ft increase. I believe it was because of inproper valving like you said. They said it could be corected by revalving, however they opted to replace the rear breaks with a set that would match the front. Basiclly what was happening was the front brakes were fully ingaged before the rears could engage enough to do anything. The front were the only tires stopping the vehicle.