View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Engine:
1) Contact Cobb tuning for a stroker kit (custom made)
2) ECU Stage 3 (ask for custom kit for higher boost.)
Or take to Mike and he may be willing to do a stage 4 with a complete engine build. But he would want all the money up front.

Driveline: STI 6speed built for rally, custom made axles and stronger rear diff.

Brakes: Go with a custom made kit that includes both front and rear breaks (many people put large breaks on the front with out doing the rear which can decrease stopping ability)

Can you tell I've thought about this alot. I'm doing a little at a time. Started with the stage 3. next is spoiler, hood w/ scoop, front spitters and paint.
I think you're post about brakes is a little uhh... wrong. Putting larger brakes on the front will 99 out of 100 times make the car stop quicker. now, the better your suspension is, the more the rear brakes do (but the variance between work done by the rear brakes with a tight suspension vs a stock suspension is small) upgrading the front brakes with larger rotors, new calipers, better pads etc, while keeping the rears the same size with better pads would be a very good combination. however, depending on the calipers, you may or may not need a proportioning valve, but most likely not.

Almost never would putting better brakes on the front decrease stopping ability.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Last edited by drivemusicnow; 05-24-2005 at 12:17 PM.