View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Registered SVX
Re: EGR temp sensor cleaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxash View Post
So here's another question. When I pulled the sensor out to clean it I looked down inside where the sensor mounts and it looked as bad as the sensor did. Could I spray some carb cleaner down inside there or would all of the gunk get sucked right into the EGR valve and cause problems with it once I started the engine?
That's the EGR temp sensor allright, mine was every bit as bad. It's not hard to access and clean, hope that get's the code for ya.

I wouldn't spray in there without everything EGR and control valve & hoses being off to drain. Even then, you might just make a lump of gunk in there that breaks loose at a bad time.

I'm thinking regular use of injector cleaner in the gas and name-brand gas with "techroline" or the equivalent is a better way to reduce engine deposits. I've become a believer recently after taking my intake off for new vacuum hoses. I cleaned the throttle body good, but the intake was not the best, including the other side of the manifold leading down to the valves. It may not reach all the way thru the EGR system, but its a start...