Thread: NE SVX Meet #3
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 09:44 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX
You know I was kinda thinking the same thing, we are all SUBARU enthusiasts... the first Reading meet ever we had a gentleman in a Legacy ask if he was welcome, and we did welcome him with open arms, although he did pick up the nickname 'The dork in a legacy' but it was all in jest and we had a good time, wait a GREAT time. I would have to go so far as to say you are not seeing people like larry and randy jumping at this for the restrictions that you have placed. I know its hard to see, but look in the top back left of this photo...

www.subarusvx.org/registry/rsvx/boiler2.jpg

The whole idea of we are better than you makes me sick...
The "Dork in the Legacy" was Garry Grimes, president of the NE region of SCOA (Subaru Club of America). It isn't about being "exclusive" it's about the fact that there is SCOA for the "All Subaru" events, and so on. It's not about "we are better," it's about "sometimes we just want to have SVXes, and if we want to meet up with a bunch of different Subarus, we'll support an SCOA event."

Sorry, I just started checking out this thread, wondering if I'd be crazy enough to drive up. It was a nice thought, but, DARN, I won't be able to.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI