Thread: Dead Battery
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Formerly known as henryrace@hotma

Dead Battery

Last month, 23 Dec battery was dead. Driver's seat was fully declined. My seat cover strap had pushed the seats reclining button down when i got out of the car the night before so i figured that killed the battery over night.
Last night, 4 Jan i went out to the car to retrieve my work ID and the battery is dead again this time the seat wasn't the culprit which may mean it may not had been then, just a coincidence that it happened. In the first instance i fully recharged the battery and the car had been running and starting just fine even in temps below 30 degrees F......Right now the battery is so dead that even the interior lights aren't coming on, which is the way it was 23 Dec....I'm guessing something is drawing the battery. I can eliminate the visors because they are not connected. Disconnected them way back when i kept reading some folks were having problems with them drawing the battery.
Also it's a Red Top Optima battery which i had to replace about a year ago due to a dead cell.......I'm getting ready to recharge the battery and check the alternater's output.....I really feel something is drawing the battery if even the interior lights are out........Any suggestions are welcomed......

THANKS
89 Yamaha FJ1200
07 Yamaha FJR1300

"GO RAVENS"