Thread: TURBOs!?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: TURBOs!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
To do things right you need to plan your hp/tq numbers first.

YT has his EM solution thread, thats going to be a big opener for performance builds around here!

You can use pretty much any EM you want, but theres different costs and work associated with them.

If you build a motor to run lots of boost, but then run it N/A you're going to be way down on power.

And again, you will want to break in your motor already under boost for longevity. It will also be a better running motor.

Suspension>MT swap>EM>Turbo (low boost)>built motor>Turbo (high boost)

That should be your steps to a proper high-hp SVX.

Get all your ducks lined up and start making serious plans and you'll start to realize just how much is involved.

And going through a build with that process will probably get you to a performance level you are happy with, well before a built motor and lots of boost!

Dustin
So here's my question, if I'm serious about taking the steps and planning it out, since I already have a 5 speed am I better off holding off everything untill I get a stand alone and can afford the whole shi-bang at once??

Or

Do I take one of the other options looming at me behind these mysterious doors....

Door 1: Take the sweet deal on f/i motor upgrade parts and either,
A. not build it yet and sit and look at the parts as they sit in a box... untill I can afford the turbo and the rest of it all, or
B. build the motor slap on a smaller turbo with piping and everything set up for an almost plug and play replacement of a bigger turbo?(most immediately expensive option)

Door 2: Pass up the deal, save the money and wait for EM and buy my Koni build first and just stay N/A for a while.

Door 3: Wait for EM, turbo it with a smaller turbo, like mentioned before, but run small boost on stock internals, and save for motor build.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Johnybeas; 11-26-2008 at 11:34 PM.