View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigerlando
My tachometer is completly dead. I looked at a wiring diagram to see what the problems is. Apparently the tackometer is connected directly with the check engine light. Since I have completely disconnected my ignition wires, fuel injection wires, MAF, and EGR, my Check Engine light is always on, my alarm cannot be programmed for remote operation, and my tachometer is completely dead. I don't know if they are all related. I know the ECU sends signals to each one of these devices. I would think as long as the No. 2 speed sensor is working it should still register. My ECU operates three things now, that I can think of. Electric fans, idle air controller, and ABS. All function normally. I have considered disconnecting my Check engine, and reconnecting it to my Tec 2 Check engine circuit. It might also be possible to connect a tac signal from my tec 2 to the factory tachometer, but I would rather not. Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck D.
Is the No.1 crank sensor still connected to the ECU? It sends a signal to the ECU that sends it to the taco.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.