View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Kiteless

Wowe, thanks for all the replies. Glad to hear that the more common parts are just that. Replacing the windshield is going to be a priority for me, because the crack is right infront of the drivers position. Only down side is that I have not test driven it yet. I am going to test drive it today right before I sill out the paperwork. I REALLY hope that it is OK. My main concern is the transmission, evertything else is comparitively less expensive to fix for the most part.

As far as I could tell the window has a factory tint on it, not too dark, but enough to be noticable. Yeah he is probly blowing smoke out his tail pipe on that window quote. But I will call him on it. He claims he will sell it to me whole sale, but I doubt he got a real quote. He problem just assumes that it is going to cost the same as a Honda Accord or something.

Yeah I am really into getting a spoiler for it, at the same time, it looks kinda cool without one. Obviously I am going to make sure it is mechanically trip top and I have worked up a "Tranny Fund" before I do anything else to it. Very first thing I am doing this weekend is taking it down for a full fluid flush. What ever their best tranny fluid is, best tranny filter and an oil change, probly go with high milage stuff at first and eventually move to synthetic if you guys think I should use it.

But yeah inside and out the car is really clean. I will take higher res pictures this weekend at the latest. I got the batteries for my digital cam charging at home as I type this.

Pure_Insanity8: If I where to have to replace the tranny in the future, what would the perice diff be betwen a new/rebuilt auto and a manual conversion.

I sure am glad I found you guys!

- Kiteless