View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Everyone knows how i feel about the Mustang GT. But it definetly had to be a special neon, whether the SRT or just some REAL engine work on a regular neon, the GT driver would have had to have been completely inept to lose to a regular neon.
Not really.

See, now people give the SRT4 credit, but still think the regular neon is hopeless. You're wrong. With my STOCK 97 SOHC coupe, I was EASILY able to smoke the living CRAP out of V6 Camaros and mustangs, and dust off a few Mustang GTs (the 93-97? style). I didnt' even have a cold air intake. With an intake, udp, header, mopar perf ecu, and a few other mods, you can run 13s WITH JUST BOLT ONS, and no turbo kit. With a turbo kit and NO OTHERMODS, you can run 13s. Len Aleya's STREET neon (not his race car, but his daily driver) runs 11s in STREET trim, no slicks, and it looks like a stock intense blue R/T.

So yeah, give them some respect. I'm positive that my old neon would have destroyed my SVX in a stoplight race....but then be destroyed at higher speeds by the SVX.

- Rob