Thread: went platinum
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2003, 11:56 AM
flynavy

went platinum

just tackled the spark plugs for the first time. the passenger side was easy since the air box is gone and i have a cone intake in it's place. as far as the driver's side goes, it wasn't as bad as some of the posts i've read on here in the past. i think what saved me the most time was the fact that i used an open end box wrench to get the coil off (see attachment). this made it a breeze!!! once the coil was off i still had to jack the car up a bit and go through the access hole to get the plug out. it was not a big deal though. i have read that some have gone through the access hole trying to get the coil screw off using a universal joint socket....seems like it would be frustrating. i did find the universal joint handy in the two front driver's side plugs though.
anyway, i put the boshe platinum +4's in and took it for a spin. now the other thing i've read on here is mixed reviews on these plugs. maybe it's just me or the planets were all aligned this afternoon, but i have to say these plugs made a big difference in the way my car performed. it was as if every time i hit the gas i was rear-ended (knock on wood). i was amazed at the difference. the only reason i can think that others have not experienced the same results is because i do have a ram air intake blasting cold air onto a cone filter. other than that nothing different as far as mods go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrench.jpg (75.9 KB, 206 views)