View Single Post
Old 05-30-2001, 05:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Although I do not profess to know the exact nature of the non 4WS rear suspension set up (as compared to say Eddy or Ardub), it would seem that it is indeed passive rear steering from the description - same as on certain Peugots and also even the 8 series BMW coupe.

Without getting into a definition debate, it is my understanding that if there is a deliberate design of the rear suspension/rims etc etc so as to induce a simultaneous change of the rear wheels in aspect and direction of travel when the vehicle is turning X degrees, and such change of aspect differs from that which occurs when the vehicle is travelling in a straight line ('normal') , and such aspect change will revert to 'normal' upon completion of the turn, then to me that is a 'steering' effect . Passive - no steering rack, active - steering rack.

My fuel for the fire!!!

Jamsvx

PS: thanks for the kind comments on my web page - I will eventually clear up that horrible intro page!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!