View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 11:46 AM
2edybrd

Thanks for the pictures. I see the intake is towards the windshield of the car. I can't remember, are these a dual throttle body engine?

I'll tell you, the location of the filter and the turbo is a topic of some real hot debate over on LS1.com and LS1tech.com. STS claims they have had zero trouble with thier kits and they even have a 12 month, 12000 mile warranty.

I was really going to get this for the Trans-am but it looks like I'm going to be looking for a new job real soon and I will need a year round sport coupe. It's going to be real hard going from a 332 rwhp car to a 195-200 whp car so I need to find a way to make constant good power (no Nitrous)

I can tell you, on an LT-1 Trans-Am ('93 - '97 f-body) the car dropped a full 1.24 seconds (1/4 mile). That was at 5500 feet so the gain may not be as dramatic towards sea level. So I take the claim with a grain of salt.

Still, the main thing for me is a turbo kit that keeps the car emissions legal and makes real good power. Not the fastest car on the street, but fast enough to keep a grin on my face.

Last edited by 2edybrd; 01-25-2004 at 12:08 PM.