View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
Although the pearl is difficult to match at times, it can be done. You have enough damaged body panels in the original color that they can do a "spray out" test on them to adjust the color, before spraying the new panels. If the body shop has computer matching capabilities, so much the better.

Most color swatches for each paint code have an additional 4-6 color chip variance to the stated paint code to allow for variables. As one of my body shops said to me. "I don't care what color the factory says your car is, I care about what color YOUR car is"

Back in 1992, you could take two brand-new pearlies, one coming off the assembly line at 10am and another coming off at 3pm, and park them side by side. They would probably look absolutely identical to each other, until you started swapping doors or fenders between the two...

I am soooo glad you are decideing to keep it! As for yellow, I really like the pure, clean yellow used on the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon. It does not have the slight orange tint that is found on the corvettes and other performance cars. I think its called "sunburst yellow"

If there is anything I can do to help, all you have to do is ask.

1991 Subaru "Electric Yellow"....keep it in the family
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"