View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:20 PM

Need help locating electrical modules

I have a fuse that keeps blowing and I am trying to track down all of the electrical components that it protects. It is fuse 18 in the kick panel fuse box. This is listed on the cover as a 10A Cruise/ABS fuse. My schematic shows that there are 5 circuits that come off that fuse. I have found 2 of the modules for those circuits. Power Steering Control Unit and Cruise Control Units have been located. I need specific descriptions (metal, plastic, black, etc.)and locations (above, inside, "behind the green door", etc.) of the following 3 modules; Security Control Unit, Select Monitor and Anti-Lock Brake Control Unit.
I had posted earlier on a different thread when my main fusible link blew and after replacing the alternator have been slowly chasing circuits until fuses quit blowing. I feel like Dr. Frankenstein trying to resurrect the dead. When you get a power surge large enough to blow the 1.25 fusible link, you are screwed.
By the way what does the Select Monitor do?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Keith
p.s. Sorry for the Marilyn Chambers reference. May she rest in peace. For those too young to know what I mean, rent the movie.