View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
NSX is a Honda by the way, NOT Toyota. The NSX has been discontinued if you didnt know. Last year Honda sold 23 NSX's. Theyre putting money in cars that sell 2-300,000 a year into the accord and hybrid technology which is common sense to me. Also Toyota has no concrete intentions of bringing the Supra back now. They have toyed with it but Im glad theres a manufacturer thats putting their money into an everday car for everyone. Not everyone is going to buy a Supra but a LOT of people will buy and are buying Camry's. I For one HATE the Celica but thats just me. The Japanese have taken their culture ideals and put them into corporate innovations by catering to the public. I dont want a 400hp GTO, I dont want a fiberglass corvette. I want something I can live with and keep for a long time. I think thats most anyone. And btw Crusader I love the typhoon and the sister vehicle. Cool idea. Tow a boat and then go take out a Mustang or two. More or less a crossover vehicle like the Trailblazer SS.

GM needs to invest in the Impala/G8 platform, make it rear wheel drive and go from there instead of spreading already dwindling funds into multiple cars. For example Im glad Ford is dropping the Taurus and Crown Vic. I love the fusion and an SVT version of it is rumored as well. The Focus RS is coming with a Volvo I-5T and all wheel drive. thats what Im talkin about. American cars need to be less American persay in its pursuits of the elite car buyer. Elite low productions cars dont make a car company profitable, everday average production cars do. Thats where the Taurus SHO and the current Impala SS/ Grand Prix GXP come in. make performance versions of average cars and make that a niche. Most people buy things with 4 doors. Just like the first Mustang aimed to do. Depending on who u were you could have an sporty economy car or a drag nightmare all in one car. Thats what they need to do. Give people choices in one platform. And technology is proving you can have performance, fuel economy, and reliability in one package. Take the GP GXP, you have 303hp, 28mpg, and room for 5... it caters to everyone. We need more like that. Im just SO glad the G8 will be a rear drive platform. Screw front wheel drive... thats about as performance oriented as a Ford Festiva on bike tires and the GXP cant put 303hp down effectively with fwd. I raced a Lexus IS350 in a GXP rental and it had me by the balls because its rwd. Even the japanese are making rear drive performance... why cant the americans put pride aside and learn a lesson from the foreigners... its not all bad.
Sorry, didn't know I was dealing with someone who couldn't read. Lets see, Toy is building a supercar to compete with the new NSX which will be a front engined super car. In case ya didn't know or get that from NSX COMETITION FROM MY PREVIOUS POST.

Oh and the Taurus will be back next year. FYI there brilliant boy! Yeah I like the fusion too. Gotta love any Mexican built Mazda 6 that needed a renewed platform before it was released.

Might wanna catch up on your car magazine reading. I know I'm trying to learn from those $10 a day Mexicans putting together your next ride!