Thread: speeding :(
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 08:24 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: number 13 finally got me

Quote:
Originally posted by tober76b
i just received my first ticket...it was the 13th time I'd been pulled over. what gets me is that it was for failing to come to a complete stop at a BART (commuter train) parking lot at night when no-one was around. $104--$133 with traffic school.
honestly, how many of you actually come to a complete stop for a parking lot stop sign late at night when there are only a few parked cars around?
the part that bugs me is that these guys routinely drive on the sidewalks, don't use their turn signals, and FAIL TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT THE PARKING LOT STOP SIGNS!!
anyway, just thought I'd come out of hiding and share.
toby
Toby,
Good to see you around. I'd fight the sucker. In Indiana (where I work, not live), since the parking lot is private property, the stop signs they erect aren't really "legal." It'd be like putting a stopsign in your driveway. Of course, if the property is owned by the city, you might have no recourse. You might check applicable law in your state.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI