View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:00 AM

Re: Checked the oil and now it won't start

You checked the fuel so I guess the next step would be to see if the plugs are getting juice. I have used the "remove easiest coil over to get to and insert spare plug, crank while grounding plug" to see if they light up.

A faulty alternator per se shouldn't prevent the car from starting if the battery is charged. I have heard of, on the other Forum, of the wiring gywneth mentioned deteriorating/shorting/breaking causing the fusible link to blow ( but car wouldn't crank, right?) or blowing other related fuses.

The "clicking" you heard originally near the alternator is maybe the key ?...was this your cam/crank sensor failing...these could certainly keep the car from starting. You would think a code would be thrown...have you downloaded your codes to see if anything is stored? Your CEL light comes on with the Ign. ON, right? Have heard of sensors starting to fail w/o a code..maybe the engine not being able to start now will prevent that code from showing.

A Search will show you where these 2 sensors are( both are under/near the alternator)..would check connectors at least , some have removed them to see pieces of metal debris on their magnet ends. No real way to test them w/o an oscilloscope...