View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 10:57 AM

Registered SVX
Checked the oil and now it won't start

Well, a little bit more to it then that but not much.
Now it cranks good and strong but won't fire, like it is getting no fuel.
Before that, the car started and drove perfectly. Decided to check tire pressure. Then to check oil level. Then to check tranny fluid. Start car fine to do that. While it was running I hear a ticking sound like a spark jumping up near the alternator. I have heard this before many months ago and never found the source so thought I would look again. To get a better view I removed the belt shroud. Started the car back up and looked for a spark, even using a mirror to loot behind the alternator. Can't find it. Turn off car and replace shroud. Now car will only crank and not start.
I can't find any displaced wires or hoses and checked fuses 14 and 16 under the dash and they are fine. There is a "u" shaped hose to the left of the alternator coming out from under the intake manifold that in my search for a displaced hose or wire that I moved to to the side and it appears to have a loose connection to its attached pipe. I don't feel this is pertinent to the no start issue but may have to take care of that now.
I suspect it is a simple fix but I am now stuck as to what to check.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.
Bill Z.
Ps. 92 lSL