View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jwd45535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Exactly like the 92-97's, nobody's ever done that before.
That sounds good, and we could also upgrade the electronics and fetures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking64
I'd go RSX - subaru had the 'performance' liberty/legacy as RS in past.

To me, Subaru really does need to come out with a updated SVX - otherwise they will only become know as impressa (small) / legacy (medium) car makers and over time will loose customer base as people change brands due to lack of choice.

Is Subaru so small it can not come up with something equal/better than Mazda RX8, Nissan 350?

I remember the the XT was designred in US? - was the SVX was well or a whole Japan job? I personally like the B11s - just change the nose so people would want to look at it
I agree. The only problem is Acura already has the RSX model name. I still think the SVX should also rival Nissan's all-wheel drive Skyline.

Mike621, I agree with y'all. That nose is uglier than than an old rust bucket. I don't know the sales stats for the Impreza or B9 Tribeca, but it has got to be low.

However I would like to see the H6 engine stay. Maybe have the Impreza's H4 engine in a cheaper model. I would also like to see a future version that include an H8 engine and a 6 speed electronic tranny with a manual shift mode to catch the upper-class market. Maybe Porsche's Sportronic transmission.

An SVX that has GM's new coupe would be neat, but I imagined that the it would be bigger than that.

Any more ideas? The more we have, the more we could get an idea. If not to convince Subaru, then to just imagine a Subaru better than whats out.