View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
To revive the svx woud be going backward in subaru evolution. Lets face it, subaru has always been econobox oriented...its jsut somewhere down the line someone decided to go off roading with their mom's beater DL and holy moly! it worked! Suddenly subaru is winning world rallys and stuff with their suped up refridgerators with giant wings, and people decide"Hey, mabey his thing works on pavement too" Somewhre in there the svx was all "Hey, Im luxourious and cost twice as much as all the other new subies. Oh, and I have rounded corners" (A very strange concept for subaru then, AND now)

The logical step would be a roadster or some sort.Small, quick, dependable. Very limited options..Offer like, powr windows and ocks, air conditioning, power steering, cd player w/ mp3...and thats about all.Picture something along the lines of an awd miata on steroids (With no round corners, of course..to stay within subaru niche standards) Mabey something on a comprable market as the honda S-2000 or a porche boxter

Having all the world's psudo technilogical luxuries and alot of "Hey! Look at me! I cant open my doors in a parking garage!" will easilly put the car out of the price range for anyone wiling to buy something with the stars of palades on it.Dont think that wont happen either...It already has.The idea of a hand made lambroghini-like car from subaru is exactly the kind of absurd idea the svx was in it's time. and anyone thinkign they can land such a car in the 40k price range is out of their mind. The svx retailed for 36,000 15 years ago..with inflation thats like purchasing a 50,000 car now. if you had 50,000$, would you spend it on a SUBARU!? (Yes, i know Im asking a biased crowd. But also keep in mind the STI special edition, 7 pannenger tribecca, and legacy spec B start at 33k msrp.)
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten